Friday, July 9, 2010

Small Change

It's day 99 and I'm reflecting on the last 3+ months. One aspect of this campaign that blows me away is the power of the individual.

It's easy for me to think that my small part doesn't matter, so why bother doing something in the first place if I'll have such a small impact. I'm glad the 130 people who donated to my campaign didn't think like I do. That so many people have stepped forward to support other people around the world touches me deeply.

The world has become quite small. For as much as I can say that an amputee in a developing country matters, I can say that about any one of us. We all matter AND we can all make a difference. In this world of violence on the evening news, tabloids and Reality TV, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that people all around the world are doing their part, every day, to help make the world a better place, just like every person who donated to my campaign.

So, thank you for renewing my hope in the world. Thank you for your support. Truly, every little bit does help.

To see Evening Magazine's coverage of my campaign, click here

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!! As a Mom to a sweet little girl who lost her foot in a lawnmower accident 4 years ago this month...I am ALWAYS on the lookout for amazing people who have experienced the same challenges she has and KEEP ON WALKING!!! Wow, you are such an inspiration and I will read her your story so that she can know once again, she is not alone! We tell her often, "you are NOT your leg, it's not what makes you who you are...but it's a special part of you"!! Thank you for what you are doing, PRESS ON and God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete